Who We Are
We are ICT Solutions – our focus is on delivering innovative technology solutions to the business world, and we’re excellent at it. We are passionate about our people, we are bold, and we love a challenge – something our track record of awards and flagship projects is a testament to.
We are now looking for a motivated individual to join us as an IT Operations Engineer. The IT Operations Engineer will be responsible for managing and securing our Managed Client’s internal infrastructure and security.
Our people are a team of energetic individuals who thrive on challenges and enjoy bringing out the best in one another. With this in mind, we seek to continually provide our team members with the opportunities to enhance their knowledge and skills through exposure to companies and IT challenges that span different industries.
What does the role entail
Our IT Operations Engineers are responsible for the daily administration and management of critical customer systems and services hosted on Azure and Microsoft Enterprise and Mobility Security suite. Their key responsibility is that of provisioning ICT’s Managed Services and maintaining Customer’s managed systems, operating, and servicing them to provide availability and preventive maintenance.
What’s in it for you
- An environment which promotes innovative solutions, open communication, continuous learning, and employees’ personal development.
- An energetic team of IT experts who are always ready to help and support you.
- The opportunity to train and remain fully conversant with industry developments including Microsoft technologies.
- An environment that fosters growth, development and encourages continuous exchange of ideas.
What you’ll do
- Onboard, administer and perform operational tasks on customers’ cloud and security environments.
- Partner with clients to support and provide value through IT managed services.
- Guide customers on all aspects of systems and networks security throughout all tasks.
- Proactively provide preventive maintenance and service enhancements to customers’ managed environments including systems, networking, security, and cloud.
- Develop a strong customer relationship, ensuring repeat business and customer satisfaction.
- Administer remote monitoring and management systems including responding to alerts, monitoring of dashboards and periodic system reviews.
- Work alongside team members to maintain and update appropriate customers’ documentation.
- Keep an open line of communication with customers, updating them on incident progress and notifying them on agreed upcoming changes.
- Proactively seek ways to leverage technologies with a view to enhance efficiency, reliability, and security in the way we do IT.
What you’ll need
- To share our core values – can do attitude, a desire for continuous learning, and a drive to see yourself and the team succeed.
- To hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- To preferably hold IT industry certifications like Azure Administration or Microsoft Security Administration.
- To be passionate about technology with ideally 1 to 2 years of IT related experience.
- To have a good understanding of how technology is used to provide IT services, good technical diagnostic skills with attention to detail and familiarity with Azure and M365 portals.
- To be a strong communicator with the ability to express yourself clearly and concisely in speaking and writing.
- To be passionate about customer-satisfaction and have strong client relations skills.
- To consider yourself to be an open-minded and a self-motivated person, who is very capable of working on own initiative but also enjoys working as part of a team.